PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
|If you’ve already completed your Beginner PADI Certification and learned the core skills, then you’re ready for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course! The Advanced Diver Course will build on the basics you’ve already acquired, allowing you to explore your diving interests, refine your skills and enjoy even more exciting diving experiences!|
Why Take the Advanced Open Water Diver Course?
This Course Provides:
- Fine-tune your diving skills and increase your confidence in the open water
- Train you to dive down to 30 meters (*if you are age 15 years or over)
- Customize your training by offering a range of Adventure Dives
- Expand your environment awareness & your capabilities to help you become an experienced diver
- Open the door to the next level of diving education, the PADI Rescue Diver Course!
What’s Involved in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course?
There are Two Phases:
1. Knowledge Development
This can be completed in one of our dive centre’s fully equipped classrooms, or alternatively, online in your own time, via PADI eLearning
2. Open Water Dives
Five Adventure Dives are required to complete the course. Two are mandatory, these are Deep Diving and Underwater Navigation and three are chosen by you, with guidance from your Dive Instructor.
WHICH ADVENTURE DIVES?
At Kata Scuba our goal is to make sure you have the best time possible while diving with us! Please tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll talk you through the different diving options available to find the ones that suit you best.
You can choose from:
- AWARE – Fish Identification
- Deep (18 – 30m)*
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Enriched Air
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Multi-Level Wreck*
- Underwater Navigation
- …and much more!
** Please note: for some Adventure Dives, the minimum age is 15 years.
|ADVANCE COURSE ITINERARY||Kata Center||w/PADI eLearning|
|Before the Course||None||1 day (approx. 8 hours)|
|Classroom Training / homework in Phuket||1.0 days||None|
|Open Water Dives||2.0 days||2.0 days|
Advanced Open Water Diver Course Requirements:
- Be aged 12 years, or older
- Have at least a PADI Open Water Diver Certification or equivalent
- Complete a PADI medical statement and be medically fit to dive
What’s Included in the Advanced Open Water Course?
- You’ll be taught by one of our experienced PADI Instructors, with a max of 4 divers to 1 instructor
- Classroom training as applicable, depending on independent study already completed
- Pool training
- 5 open water dives
- Scuba equipment hire
- Round-trip transfers from dive centre to pool, beach, dive boat
- PADI Adventures In Diving digital eManual or Manual (not required if the eLearning option is chosen)
- Diver certification, on completion of all performances requirements
What to Bring with You?
- Diver certification card(s), medical certificate and logbook *if you have one
- Swimwear & a Beach Towel
- Sun protection – sunglasses, sun cream, hat
- Your own equipment (if you have any), e.g. mask, snorkel