PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Have you always wanted to learn to Scuba Dive in Thailand. Or perhaps you have just completed a Discover Scuba Dive Course and can’t wait to dive again? The PADI Open Water Diver Course at Kata Scuba is the entry level course and is your gateway to a new underwater world – giving you all the basic skills and principles you’ll need to become a PADI Certified Open Water Diver.
Why Take the Open Water Diver Course?
This course will enable you to:
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18m (12m if aged 10 – 14 yrs)
- Dive with a buddy, without instructor supervision, remaining within the limits of your training
- Hire scuba equipment, on providing proof of valid certification
- Progress to the next level of training – for example Adventure Dives, which count toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification
What’s Involved in the Open Water Diver Course?
There are 3 phases:
1. Knowledge Development & Equipment Handling
Phase one is the theory part of the course, and will teach you the basic principles of diving. This can be completed at our Kata Scuba Center fully equipped classrooms, or alternatively, online in your own time, via PADI eLearning.
2. Confined Water Dives
Phase two is the first practical skills element of the course – here you’ll learn the basic skills of scuba diving in a controlled and safe environment under the watchful eye of your PADI instructor from Kata Scuba.
3. Open Water Dives
Finally, practice your skills and explore the ocean with a series of exciting open water dives!
Open Water Diver Requirements
No previous experience is needed to take the Open Water Diver Course, you just need to:
- Be aged 10 years or older
- Complete a PADI medical statement and be medically fit to dive
What’s Included in the Open Water Diver Course?
- Dive with a maximum of 4 students to 1 PADI Dive Instructor
- Classroom training as applicable, depending on independent study already completed
- Pool training
- 4 open water dives
- Scuba equipment hire
- Round-trip transfers from dive center to pool, beach, dive boat
- PADI Open Water Diver digital eManual or Manual (not required if the eLearning option is chosen)
- Diver certification, on completion of all performances requirements
What to Bring with You?
- Medical certificate (if required) – please refer to our Scuba Diving Terms & Conditions
- Swimwear & Beach Towel
- Sun protection – sunglasses, sun cream, hat
- Your own equipment (if you have any), e.g. mask, snorkel